Affordable Portable Air Purifiers for Schools and Classroom
Schools for Health.org recently updated their risk reduction strategies for reopening schools
Recommendations include supplementing ventilation systems with "portable air cleaners" or air purifiers with HEPA technology for school classrooms. The TRACS Portable Air Purifier exceeds all requirments (like HEPA and UV-C technology) and are proudly made in the USA!
You want the certainty that it is, once again, safe to take a deep breath of fresh air. You want to enter your local supermarket and not struggle through a mask for the cashier to hear your words. You miss cracking a joke at the office and noticing your mates’ figures morph into a large smile. Most ardently, you desperately wish you knew for sure your children were safe at school.
What if we told you there is a way of knowing for sure?
153 students from New Hampshire, studying at Nute High School in Milton, are now breathing in purified air, thanks to our portable UV-C air purifiers. We salute the school board’s wise decision of purchasing 50 of our TRACS portable UV-C air purifiers. Each classroom is now free from airborne pathogens such as coronaviruses1 and bacteria, dust, allergens and odor, making the school once again a safe place to learn and develop.
How it works:
Viruses and bacteria do not travel the air on their own- they need a bigger vehicle to stick to, such as droplets that escape the respiratory tract of people through sneezing, coughing, speaking, laughing, and even breathing. The majority of these droplets are between 4 and 8 microns . Our UV-C air purifiers suck in contaminated air and retain 99.99% of particles bigger than 0.3 microns, releasing clean air back into the environment.
Toxic and odorous molecules that are smaller than 0.3 microns can pass through the filter, but will get neutralized by the device’s air cartridge.
The TRACS portable UV-C air purifier employs a 3-stage purification process:
- HEPA (High-efficiency particulate air) filters which retain viruses, bacteria, and allergens such as pet dander. These particles won’t simply remain inside to multiply on the filter.
- UV-C lamps installed above the HEPA filter radiate continuous ultraviolet light directly on the pollutants, generating mutations inside their DNA or RNA and leading to their biological inactivation. Thus, what once was a scary, potent virus gets reduced to a harmless byproduct.
- An activated carbon cartridge composed of earth minerals that will chemically inactivate most air pollutants, including VOCs (volatile organic compounds) that can evaporate from paint, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, and even foul-smelling cannabis odors that get released during recreational marijuana smoking.
Is Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) safe?
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) employing UV-C light has been used as a means of destroying airborne bacteria and disease for years. Airborne microorganisms have been shown to be destroyed when subjected to certain levels of UV-C light at certain wavelengths (254nm).
- UV-C light cannot, under any circumstances, escape outside the air purifier. We have installed an automatic cut-off switch if the back over is opened while the unit is energized
- No chemicals or byproducts are released into the environment while the activated carbon neutralizes toxic gases and removes harmful smoke
Click on the link below to view a portable air cleaner ideal for school classroom use
- (1) Manuela Buonanno et al, ’’Far-UVC light (222 nm) efficiently and safely inactivates airborne human coronaviruses”, in Scientific Reports, 24 June 2020.
- (2)Duguid P, ’’The Numbers and the Sites of Origin of the Droplets Expelled during Expiratory Activities’’, in Edinburgh Medical Journal, 1945.